The organizers of the 2016 Global Landscapes Forum: Climate Action for Sustainable Development, to be held in Marrakesh on 16 November, are calling for submissions of Discussion Forum ideas by 11 September 2016.
Why host a Discussion Forum?
In Discussion Forums, participants explore in depth a particular topic under one or more of the Forum’s themes. Discussion Forums are the main avenue for stakeholder exchange, where hosts have an opportunity to inform policy makers and practitioners about the newest findings from research and practice, and engage new and existing audiences in their work and ideas. Results of discussions will feed directly into the Global Landscapes Forum’s outcomes, thanks to notes by the nominated rapporteurs.
How will the selection process work?
Session applications submitted by external partners will be reviewed by the Forum’s science committee. The committee is comprised of representatives nominated by each of the Forum’s Coordinating Partners (CIFOR, UNEP, the World Bank, CIAT with WLE, IFPRI and Credit Suisse).
Selection will follow a competitive and transparent process based on the following criteria:
- Relevance of the session to realizing global climate and development goals at the landscape level
- Quality of proposed speakers (including sectoral, regional and gender diversity)
- Level of innovation and relevance of new science and lessons on the ground
- Proposed facilitation methods – sessions that encourage interactive exchange will be preferred.
What topics should sessions address?
- Landscape restoration for climate impact
- The food security-landscape-climate nexus
- Measuring and monitoring progress in landscapes
- Financing landscape investments
- Rights, equity and tenure in the global climate agenda context
- Wild card topics may be selected from outstanding applications that do not fall under one of the currently proposed themes.
What does the host fee cover?
Hosting a Discussion Forum costs USD 5,000. This fee goes toward covering the costs of organizing the Global Landscapes Forum, the venue and supporting technology.
All rooms will be fully equipped with audio and visual technology and accommodate translations (simultaneous English – French). The organizers will cover the cost for coffee. Discussion Forum hosts are entitled to 10 complimentary tickets to the Forum.
Rooms are set up in theater style for participants, and the stage can accommodate a maximum of six single chairs and one lectern.
Organizations may choose to host a Discussion Forum jointly, and costs can be shared or covered by a funding partner of the hosting organization. Fees may be adjusted for organizations from developing countries, following approval by the Steering Committee. The organizers of the Discussion Forums are required to cover the costs of speakers and extra logistics for their sessions.
How to apply
Complete the application form here and submit it to Ms. Deanna Ramsay at [email protected]. Ms. Ramsay can assist with any questions related to your application.
What are the next steps?
- Deadline for applications for external organizations 11 September
- Notification of successful candidates starting 17 September